Local Performance, Global Excellence
You don’t have to be a $1 billion startup to develop unicorn-quality content that makes your brand sparkle.
I work with select organizations on high-priority projects. My focused, efficient strategy sessions and expert trainings enable your teams to drive your projects to success, at global standards of excellence.
For those who prefer full end-to-end support, I offer complete implementation of projects, from concept to execution.
Past projects include:
• Executive coaching / personal mentorship for accomplished individuals wishing to improve their writing and public speaking skills in order to share their expertise widely.
• Pitch panels and coaching for entrepreneurs who are preparing to present their ideas to prospective investors.
• Content strategy & brand storytelling: Fresh language for use across all platforms (web, print, social media) for a venture capital firm in Bangalore, including profiles of 30 portfolio CEO-founders including Snapdeal, Zivame, Urban Ladder, and Magzter.
• Writing workshops for mid-level and senior leadership of an international organization to create content for internal and external platforms.
• Intercultural consulting for a U.S. organization seeking to make inroads into India, including networking, introductions, onsite support, advance preparation, and acclimatization; and for Indian organizations working with global teams.
• LGBT sensitization, training, and ERG/CSR strategy for multinational firms in India.
• Curriculum design for diversity trainings on gender and other hot-button issues.
• Fundraising support including business plans, pitches, grants, proposals, crowdfunding, and other language for bringing money into a range of for-profit and non-profit organizations.
• Facilitation and training on sensitive topics including race, gender, sexual health, domestic violence, and other issues.
• Visibility campaign to cultivate media coverage and social media growth.
• Content strategy and document creation including end-to-end writing, editing, and incorporation of tables and visuals for print and online platforms.
To schedule an initial consultation,
please email me with your needs and timeframe.
Minal Hajratwala (www.minalhajratwala.com) brings 20 years of experience in the corporate, media, and NGO sectors to her diversity work. An experienced facilitator as well as an award-winning author and editor, she is an alumnus of Stanford University. She has been a fellow at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism and a Fulbright Senior Research Scholar.
Minal is the editor of Out! Stories from the New Queer India (2013), a groundbreaking anthology of contemporary LGBT stories. Her first book, Leaving India: My Family’s Journey From Five Villages to Five Continents (2009), won four literary awards in the United States and was called “incomparable” by Alice Walker and “searingly honest” by the Washington Post. As an executive writing coach, she is passionate about helping people to tell their boldest, most authentic stories.
Minal spent the first eight years of her career as a journalist at the San Jose Mercury News. As an editor, reporter, and the newspaper’s first reader representative (ombudsperson), she spearheaded initiatives to diversify both the story content and staff of the “newspaper of Silicon Valley.” As a board member of the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association, she helped pioneer national training modules for media companies on “HIV in the Workplace” and “Sexual Orientation in the Workplace.” She has served on the boards of several organizations including Trikone, North America’s oldest LGBT South Asian group.
In 2000, she left daily journalism to take a National Arts Journalism Fellowship at Columbia University, where she began research for Leaving India. She also broadened her consulting and training practice to work with organizations on a range of issues, including strategic planning, fundraising, grantwriting, program design, media strategy, and hot-button diversity issues.
Born in the United States, and raised in New Zealand and the United States, she came to India in mid-2010 on a Fulbright and loved it so much that she decided to divide her time between San Francisco and Bangalore. She is now working on a novel and various other creative projects, while also coaching individuals and organizations all over the world on expressing themselves through the written word.
‘Stellar communication skills … Passion for her work … A leader, a learner, a teacher.’
Visit my LinkedIn profile for more testimonials and client projects.